Fall is finally here. Bring on football, cooler weather, and Truck Month!
What do you get when you purchase a half-ton truck? We’re breaking down the benefits of half-ton trucks and telling you how you can score major truck savings all September long!
Brush Up on Truck History
First, it’s important to know how half-ton trucks and three-quarter-ton trucks got their respective names. In order to understand this, let’s look back at the history of the pickup truck.
In the early days of trucks, the terms “half-ton” and “three-quarter-ton” simply referred to the payload capacity of a truck (the amount of weight a truck is able to haul). A half-ton truck was able to haul up to 1,000 pounds of cargo and passengers, while a three-quarter-ton truck could haul up to 1,500 pounds.
As trucks began to grow in popularity, so did their payload capacity. Even though the names “half-ton” and three-quarter-ton” trucks have stuck around, today these terms simply refer to a truck’s “class” rather than its real-world hauling and loading capability.
Top Features of Half-Ton Trucks for Sale in Cody
Many half-ton trucks today have the ability to load nearly 2,000 pounds, allowing you to haul more than you may have initially thought.
This half-ton truck category is the most popular truck segment on the market today, and offers a wide selection of makes and models. Included in the half-ton classification is the Chevy Silverado 1500, GMC Sierra 1500, RAM 1500, and the Ford F-150 series.
Benefits of buying a half-ton truck include:
- Consume less fuel: Half-ton trucks consistently have better fuel efficiency than three-quarter-ton trucks or full-ton trucks.
- Large towing capability: Half-tons have towing capabilities upwards of 12,000 pounds!
- Relatively low maintenance costs: Servicing half-ton trucks tends to be easier and cheaper than servicing larger trucks. While full-on repairs may cost you a bit more than you’d like to spend, the overall cost to regularly service your half-ton truck is pretty good.
Find Deals on Chevy for Sale in Cody and More Trucks During Truck Month at Denny Menholt Cody
Taking home a new truck is exciting, but paying for it isn’t always as fun. Good thing it’s Truck Month at Denny Menholt Cody!
In addition to many trucks being priced below MSRP, take advantage of Cash Allowance, Customer Cash, Bonus Cash, and other discounts on new trucks for sale in Cody, including the 2018 Chevy Silverado and 2018 GMC Sierra 1500. Check out the possible savings on these two half-ton trucks:
- MSRP: $42,315
- After Discounts: $38,514*
- MSRP: $54,135
- After Discounts: $46,415*
We’re ready to help you find your next new or used half-ton truck. View our full truck inventory online, or stop in to see us today!
* Prices include all rebates. Plus tax, title, and license. Prices do not include additional fees and costs of closing, including government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer documentation fees, any emissions testing fees or other fees. All prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice. Contact dealer for most current information.